Mashed Potatoes Recipe:
- 2 lbs of potatoes (russet or Yukon gold)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Calories: The total number of calories in this recipe will depend on the type and amount of potatoes used, but for the ingredients listed above, the mashed potatoes would contain approximately 850 calories.
Fat: The mashed potatoes would contain approximately 38 grams of fat, with most of it coming from the butter.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small, even-sized pieces. Rinse them in cold water to remove any excess starch.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer the potatoes until they are tender, which should take about 15-20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the milk and butter together in a small saucepan until the butter has melted.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Mash them with a potato masher or fork until they are mostly smooth.
- Add the milk and butter mixture to the mashed potatoes and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Total time: The total time for this recipe is approximately 30-40 minutes, including preparation and cooking time.