Here's a basic cheesecake recipe:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 32 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
Calories and Fat: This recipe makes about 16 servings. According to my calculations, each serving has approximately 590 calories and 44 grams of fat. Please note that this is just an estimate and may vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients used.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl and mix until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour together until smooth. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the mixture over the graham cracker crust and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is almost set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Total Time: The total time to make this cheesecake is about 1 hour and 30 minutes, including prep time and baking time. However, it's important to note that the cheesecake needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight, so plan accordingly.