Here's a recipe for banana pudding:
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
- 1 box (11 oz) vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
Calories and Fat: The calorie count and fat content of banana pudding will depend on the specific ingredients and amounts used. Here are some general estimates based on a standard recipe:
- Calories: Approximately 300-400 per serving (depending on size).
- Fat: Approximately 10-15 grams per serving (depending on ingredients).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and cold milk until smooth. Let stand for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract to the pudding mixture, and whisk until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping until fully incorporated.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer the vanilla wafers and sliced bananas. Pour half of the pudding mixture over the top.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining cookies, bananas, and pudding mixture.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) to allow the pudding to set.
- Before serving, crush a few vanilla wafers and sprinkle them over the top of the pudding for added texture.
Total time: Approximately 15-20 minutes of preparation time, plus at least 4 hours of refrigeration time.