Here's a recipe for chicken noodle soup:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Calories and Fat: The calorie and fat content of the soup will depend on the specific ingredients you use and how much you eat. However, using the above ingredient list, the estimated calorie content of one serving of this soup (assuming six servings total) is around 250-300 calories, with approximately 7-10 grams of fat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until softened about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and oregano and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the shredded chicken and egg noodles and cook until the noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Total time: The total time to make this soup is approximately 30-40 minutes.