Here's a simple potato soup recipe:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Calories and fat: This recipe makes about 4 servings, with each serving containing approximately 210 calories and 8 grams of fat.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced potatoes and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is smooth.
- Return the pot to the heat and stir in the milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the soup for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
Total time: This potato soup recipe takes about 40 minutes to prepare from start to finish.