Here is a simple and healthy overnight oats recipe that serves 2 and takes about 10 minutes to prepare the night before:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, granola, etc.
Calories and Fat:
The total calories and fat content will depend on the type of milk and toppings you use. For this recipe, assuming unsweetened almond milk and no toppings, the total calories for the recipe will be around 350 calories, with approximately 8 grams of fat.
- In a bowl or jar, mix together the oats, almond milk, chia seeds, honey, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- In the morning, give the oats a stir and add any desired toppings.
- The total time for this recipe is approximately 10 minutes, but you'll need to let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.